Thursday, 15 April 2010

Hibernate Validator Disappeared from Maven?

I updated a sample project for a training course a few weeks ago, adding in a little taster of JSR-303 validation. I used org.hibernate:hibernate-validator:4.0.2.GA from the Maven central repositories.

When one of my students tried to build the application, he got some dependency errors. Deleting my local repository and rebuilding, I found the Hibernate Validator 4.0.2.GA was no longer available from the central repository.

I've not found out why it might have disappeared (I don't recall installing it manually so I'm reasonably sure that it did disappear), but the simple solution is to add the JBOSS repository the POM:

pom.xml
<repositories>
    <repository>
        <id>JBOSS</id>
        <name>JBoss Repository</name>
        <url>http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

No comments:

Followers